Arcadia University FortiClient Installation Guide (Win10)
- While connected to the internet, open a web browser and type in the following URL in your browser address bar (as pictured below): https://auremote.arcadia.edu:10443
- You will be prompted for your Arcadia network credentials (as pictured below). This Name field does not require the @arcadia.edu suffix.
Once authenticated you will resolve to our FortiClient VPN Client Installation Portal (as pictured below).
- Drop down the SSL-VPN Portal Download FortiClient dropdown box and select Windows (as pictured below).
This will start an automatic download of the FortiClient installer, which you will see at the bottom-left side of your browser window. If you are prompted by any warnings please allow FortiClient to make changes.
- Once the download is complete, left click the downloaded executable file at the far left of your downloads bar (as pictured below).
This will launch the FortiClient Setup Wizard (as pictured below).
- Only after you’ve acknowledge that you’ve read and agree with the License Agreement are you able to proceed. Once you’ve done this click Next.
- At the Choose Setup Type screen the only options selected should be the Security Fabric Agent and Secure Remote Access (as pictured below). Click Next.
- The Destination Folder screen will have a path on your local machine prefilled (as pictured below). Leave the default path and click Next.
- Once at the Ready to install FortiClient screen click Install (as pictured below).
The Installing FortiClient screen will start and stay on the screen during installation (as pictured below). This process may take several minutes.
When installation is complete the Completed the FortiClient Setup Wizard screen appears (as pictured below).
- Click Finish.
- If your browser is still open with the FortiClient VPN Client Installation Portal please drop down the account dropdown box in the top-right corner of the page and Logout (as pictured below). Please close all other browser windows and applications.
- The installer put a FortiClient shortcut on your desktop (as pictured below). Double click the icon and launch the Forticlient
This will launch FortiClient and load their main page (as pictured below).
- Click on REMOTE ACCESS on the left side menu. You will see the option to Configure VPN (as pictured below). Click Configure VPN.
The New VPN Connection page will appear (as pictured below).
- Configure the New VPN Connection with the following options (as pictured below):
- VPN – SSL-VPN
- Connection Name – Identifier (User specified)
- Description – Identifier (User specified)
- Remote Gateway – https://auremote.arcadia.edu
- Check Customize Port option and set port to 10443
- Client Certificate – None
- Authentication – Prompt on login (Recommended)
- Leave Do not Warn Invalid Server Certificate Unchecked
- Click Save
Now the REMOTE ACCESS page shows the VPN connection you just created (as pictured below).
- Use your Arcadia network credentials. This Username field does not require the @arcadia.edu Once a connection is established you will see the VPN Connected page (as pictured below).
You are now connected to the Arcadia network. You can minimize the FortiClient application while you work. To access network resources please see our Mapped Drives through VPN. Arcadia IT asks that you please disconnect once you are done using the VPN for the safety of our community.
Written by: MF 3/11/2020
Tested by: MF 3/11/2020