Arcadia University Portal Guard
Password Reset Tool Registration
- Open a web browser and go to https://portalguard.arcadia.edu/ in the address bar.
- Enter your Arcadia account username (this does NOT require your full email address with the “@arcadia.edu” suffix). Press the “Login” button to proceed. The page will inform you the password has expired, hit 'Continue'.
- You will be prompted by the Email Enrollment page. Please input a non .edu domain email address that you currently have access to. This alternate email address will be used for a OneTimePasscode (OTP) for validation before you can proceed.
- Press “Continue” to direct to the One Time Passcode Required page
- Once your alternate email address has been validated with the OTP you can proceed with the Login process.
- You will need to press “Continue” on the Enrollment - Challenge Answers page to enter the End-User Self Service page.
- The End-User Self Service page requires you to select 5 of the pre-approved security questions and provide unique answers for each one. The answers have a four character minimum to register.
- Once the End-User Self Service questions are submitted successfully you will be directed to “Try to continue Logging in.” Please click that link to continue.
- The Mobile Authenticator Enrollment screen appears and you have the option to download one of two different authentication apps (Google Authenticator or PortalGuard Password Reset) for your specific phone type in order to add another layer to your authentication options. This is not required but will re-appear at every log on unless the “Permanently Suppress Reminders” checkbox is clicked. Arcadia Information Technology team highly recommend that you enroll into the multi factor authentication to ensure security of your personal information and the University data.
- Once you select your Phone Type and press “Continue” the dialog box will show a unique QR code that can only be read by one of the aforementioned mobile applications. Once the application scans the QR code you will receive a OneTimePasscode to input at the bottom of the page. Then press “Continue.”
- The Single Sign-On Portal page will allow you to access SSO applications offered to your account membership as well as the ability to “Manage Your Account Settings” to view or edit anything you have set up in the registration process.