- Make sure your device is not registered with Clearpass - Many folks have already removed ClearPass from their devices, but if you still do, you can follow these instructions to remove it.
- Forget all Networks and Reconnect - One of the most common problems is that WiFi passwords get stored and changed. Forgetting networks and reconnecting will help solve those problems. Click here if you need help in Forgetting Saved Networks.
- Verify your Username and Password - Verify that you are connecting to your network with the correct username and password. Our networks require you to authenticate with your credentials to gain access.
- AU-Faculty.Staff - For use by University Owned Laptops, Desktops and Tablets - Credentials to login are the same as your PortalGuard Credentials (it should automatically connect with your Arcadia owned device)
- Eduroam - For use by Students and Faculty Personal Devices (phones and laptops) - Credentials to login will be your Arcadia Email address and your PortalGuard Password
- AU-Play - For non-computer devices, such as Game Systems, Streaming Devices and Personal Assistants. You login to ClearPass (Username (no @arcadia.edu) and password) under Clearpass Guest - This is where you will register your MAC address. Connect to the WiFi with the Device at that time.
- AU-Guest - If you are a Faculty, Staff or Student, you should not connect to AU-Guest - there is no credentials needed to access, but you have very limited connectivity. If you are connected to this, please forget the network. This will sometimes interfere with connecting to one of the preferred networks.
- Can you use your device on another network? - Oftentimes there is a hardware issue with your machine or device. If you can connect to a home network or personal hotspot, then the device is not the issue, if you cannot connect, then there might be a hardware problem.
- Restart your Machine or Device - When in doubt, a good restart often solves many problems.
If you are still having trouble with connecting to the WiFi, we have many different resources available to assist you.
Resident Students -
- Resident Student Experts (REP) - These students live on campus in Residence Halls and can provide just in time support for you if you have issues. Please contact your RA if you do not know who your REP is. REP’s will be holding open hours for helping to troubleshoot Campus WiFi issues for resident students as well.
- You can contact a Student Rep via Group Me or email them.
Students (resident and commuter)/Faculty/Staff -
- Taylor Hall Help Desk - The help desk is open daily Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 5:00pm and on Fridays from 8:30am to 4:00pm. You can schedule an appointment here or drop by at your convenience. We are practicing distancing and masking guidelines inside the help desk, so please help us maintain a safe campus.